I am utterly speechless. I can’t begin to express how humbled I am to have been nominated for this award, especially as the nomination comes from the wonderful Tempest Rose who has been nothing but a huge inspiration to me, and whose fantastic blog “Nonsense and Shenanigans” has never failed to cheer me up when I’ve needed it most. From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
Since entering the blogisphere I have seen this award go to a number of exceptionally deserving writers, and I never thought for a moment that I may one day be considered for it myself. However, somehow after 6 short weeks of blogging and 8 meagre blog posts I find myself sat here with a big, stupid smile on my face. It’s all rather surreal, and I feel truly honoured.
The rules of the nomination are as follows:
- Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So, moving swiftly on to number 3, here are 7 facts about myself that you may or may not know:
- I am a self-confessed Potterhead. For as long as I can remember I have loved the books, and given the chance I could probably recite all the films word for word. A couple of years ago I tackled the Potter marathon with a few of my close friends and fellow Potter lovers, watching all the films back to back, and somehow finding the time to play the Harry Potter Scene-It somewhere in the middle of them all too. It was 30 hours of pure awesomeness, but certainly not something for the faint hearted. I am also the tremendously proud owner of a signed letter from JK Rowling herself, after she responded to a letter I wrote to her back when I was in primary school.
- I love to juggle. I could spend hours lost in the rhythm of juggling, and hours more learning a new throw. Juggling balls are where I’m best although I’m hoping to move on to knives eventually, just as soon as I manage to stop hitting myself in the face with juggling clubs…
- I can do a standard 3×3 Rubik’s cube in a minute and a half, and can also complete the bigger 4×4 and 5×5 Rubik’s cubes. Sexy, right?
- I’m utterly determined to learn all the countries of the world. I managed to get up to naming 140 of the 196 countries, but the last 50 are proving to be a bit of a struggle!
- During my travels around Eastern Europe, I was offered a job in Russia as a junior music producer. I was very, very tempted.
- I’m extremely interested in lucid dreaming, and continue to spend a lot of time dedicated to understanding and practising it. The rough idea behind it is developing the ability to control every element of dreams, resulting in vivid experiences unlike anything comparable in the real world.
- I used to have a crippling phobia of beards.
And finally, my nominations for inspirational and completely amazing bloggers go to the following…
I know many of these blogs have been nominated for this award before but I couldn’t help but acknowledge them again as I love each and every one of them. They’re all wonderful writers and beautiful people, and I cannot recommend them highly enough. I apologise to anyone I may have missed from the list! There are many, many more blogs that I thoroughly enjoy and could easily name another 15 writers that are more than deserving of this award.
Again, a huge thank you to you all for the overwhelming support; you continue to save this particular bipolar bear from the chilly depths of depression 🙂